Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Day 4-How am I doing?

It may seem a wee bit early to evaluate myself with my goals, but I'm going to anyway--I'm determined to make many changes--permanent changes--starting this year. :)

Fun Goals:
Reading--I haven't read too much yet, but I did start Anne of Green Gables on my Galaxy tablet. :) Loving it--I never knew the books would be so awesome!

Language Learning--no efforts put in just yet for this year, mostly because I had to return my French book to the library on the 27th. I will utilize more of my free time toward finding free online stuff to learn with once this weekend passes--my parents are coming for dinner, and I've been cleaning and organizing like crazy!

Organize our home--doing great there! I've worked on getting rid of lots of stuff and cleaning up and it's going pretty well.

Give up caffeine--doing fine there, I haven't had any soda so far this year. I will still have some occasionally but want to eliminate most soda and caffeine this year.

More serious Goals:

Weight: I'm currently around 143 (ugh), but that's better than a couple of weeks ago! I went on my first walk of the year today and I'm wiped. :) For a snack I had raisins and water, since walking got my appetite up.

Spacious Skies: I have been reading up on business plans (or at least I did a few nights ago) and writing down my thoughts and ideas. It's a step in the right direction. I really need to pick up my camera more often and more purposefully.

Bible Reading: mostly a fail so far. :( And this is important. I need to crack the whip on this one and get better!

1 comment:

Becky (So Very Blessed) said...

Good for you, friend! That's a lot of changes to make and it sounds like you're doing really well! One thing that has helped my Bible reading is to lift all of the requirements I used to have for myself. I used to think that quiet time meant I would carve out a big chunk of time, sit down with my Bible and notebook and read multiple chapters and add ALL of my prayers into that time.

For me, what has worked is taking the pressure off. I have two devotionals on my Kindle that I read everyday (which has become a habit and I don't have to carve out time anymore...it's just what I do!). Some days I read a lot more than just the devotionals. Some days I don't. And that's okay. :-) I've been extending my prayer life to become a more constant prayer with Him throughout the day, so I don't have to fit everything in during a quiet time. It takes the pressure off and my relationship with God is better than ever!

This is just what has been working for me! I'm so proud of all that you're doing, friend! You have some high aspirations and I know you'll reach all of them!