Sunday, March 4, 2007

Lacking in Motivation...

Well, in the past few years I have been relatively motivated in school. I have had little trouble keeping my grades up, however busy I have been - which I restricted for that very purpose! It used to be that I had to find the motivation to study God's word, to pray, to purposefully spend time with my Lord and build a solid relationship with Him.

Now the tables have turned somewhat... I am currently at Morgan Library. I have been here for probably an hour and a half and have probably contributed about fifteen minutes towards my research paper proposal which is due tomorrow. Woohoo. :) I have spent the time scanning in some more high school pictures for a project, coming up with some ideas to encourage people, and writing in my journal. That time was good, reflecting on the Lord and how He's working in my life. Now if ONLY I could find the motivation to finish my homework!

Please pray for me as I try to live out Colossians 3:23 in my life.

"Work willingly at whatever you do, as though working for the Lord rather than for people." (NLT)

I know that my degree will be an amazing tool, potentially, for missions in many ways, and I know that working with all my heart even at school work can bring Him glory - show that I am devoted to doing my best at whatever He brings my way.

Please pray also for upcoming missions opportunities - possibly a two-week trip to the Czech Republic in July-August with Mountain View (my Fort Collins church), a possible future trip to Kenya, as well as the idea Ryan Seal has of taking a trip to Peru (to visit good ole Kyle Thayer!) with a group from Black Forest Chapel to do short term missions there next summer. Please pray for direction for those trips and that the currently unofficial ones (Kenya and Peru) will come together smoothly if the Lord wills.

No comments: