Sunday, March 25, 2007

Love-1 Corinthians 13 love.

I wrote this poem late last night when I was extremely tired and feeling overly emotional. I was dealing with disappointment in myself, relief in the face of forgiveness, and trying desperately hard not to worry about anything.

It began as being about how I was treating a particular person (this person will know who they are), and quickly turned into more of a prayer, praise the Lord. I love how He always brings our focus back to Himself, ultimately.

Love is patient, love is kind
I wish I were to you.
It does not boast and is not proud
I hope these will be true.
Love is not rude or selfish
But I am often so.
Love keeps no record of any wrongs
Oh, Lord, I need to grow.
Love rejoices not in evil but in truth
How joyous this can be.
Love always hopes and perseveres
Oh, from worry, to be so free!
True love, oh Lord, never fails
You've made it to be so.
I pray only your genuine love
will evermore from me flow.

Thank you, my friend.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow. Awesome poem. God's love is truly amazing. And more than any 1 person can do. :)