Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Psalm 25:3-12, 14-15

I've lately been struggling with giving something over to the Lord that I hold dear to my heart. Which, in a spiritual sense, is completely contradictory--why wouldn't I want to give something precious into the Lord's hands, when it is in His able hands that this thing would be most safe in? In a human sense it's completely natural. That part of me would never trust anyone else with it. But since 2 Corinthians 5:17 says that I am a new creation, the old is gone and the new has come, I must give this thing over.



And I know the results will be astounding and beyond what I can now comprehend. :)



I write Bible verses on notecards and hang them above my desk. As I was thinking about giving this thing over to the Lord last night my eyes fell upon the notecard with Psalm 25:3-12, 14-15 on it. That really spoke to me.

No one whose hope is in you will ever be put to shame, but they will bye put to shame who are treacherous without excuse.
Show me your ways, I Lord, teach me your paths; guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my savior, and my hope is in you all day long.
Remember, I Lord, your great mercy and love, for they are from of old.
Remember not the sins of my youth and my rebellious ways; according to your love remember me, for you are good, I Lord.
Good and upright is the Lord; therefore he instructs sinners in his ways.
He guides the humble in what is right and teaches them his way.
All the ways of the Lord are loving and faithful for those who keep the demands of his covenant.
For the sake of your name, I Lord, forgive my iniquity, though it is great. Who then, is the man that fears the Lord? He will instruct him in the way chosen for him.
The Lord confides in those who fear him; he makes his covenant known to them.
My eyes are ever on the Lord, for only he will release my feet from the snare.

This is my cry to my Lord.... and my heart cries out with my own words in response.

My feet tread lightly on the path
I breathe in deep your sweet, sweet scent.
My God, you've brought me to this place
By grace we here have met.
Yet a soft heaviness is on my heart
Which tugs me threateningly from your grasp.
Can I give my heart's desire to you
And only to your will now clasp?
I look at me and see only stains
The blackness of my soul.
Yet you look at me and see purity
A white garment--you have made my whole.
So can I give into your mighty hand
That which I hold so dear?
If I place my hope in you alone,
I know I will have nothing to fear.
Release my feet, Lord, from this snare
That I may be free and trust in you
May my eyes be ever on you alone,
My life be marked only by what is true.
Instruct this sinner in your ways
Give your gentle, loving reprimand,
I will win this battle because I'm not alone
My heart's desire is in your mighty hand.
So my feet tread lightly upon the path
Still I breathe in your sweet, sweet scent.
You're by my side the whole day through
It's by your grace we here have met.

No comments: