Friday, August 13, 2010

Decisions Decisions

So... I've potentially been offered yet another job. I have a profile on a website called nannies4hire. I've been ignoring it since getting my job with Lifetouch, but got a message from a family in Monument this morning. They were interested in me because of my musical background especially. They have a salary (per week) ranging from 300-700... even if I was making 500, I'd be ridiculously comfortable financially. I figured out that after all my bills, if I had a 630/month lease with 25 bucks pet rent and some estimated utilities, I'd still have around 700/month left over to save, tithe, and have fun with.

I love my job with Lifetouch. I love taking pictures, hanging out with my co workers, learning a little about photography, and making kids smile in schools. I love that we're in a different place every day or three. I wish I could get guaranteed hours and that the job was full year-round, but still, I love my job.

On the other hand, this job has its perks too, besides money. I would be working 11 hours a day, 4 days per week. Out of those 11 hours, only 3-4 would be with the kids (elementary aged, not toddlers, so much more fun for me). The in-between times would be spent doing household stuff for the family--shopping, cooking, cleaning, etc. I really don't mind doing those things, especially by myself. I can be introverted and sometimes really enjoy working by myself. So the job wouldn't end up being exhausting. Paid holidays. Paid health insurance. Good deal.

I'm wondering what God might be telling me through this. I figure that
1. He could be reminding me that I have a job that I love and even though it pays less, it's a great job I love and I can be more flexible with it, especially when it comes to things like moving and getting married. Maybe He's trying to get me to realize I love money too much and need to remember that money is not everything and He will provide.
2. He could be answering prayer! I constantly pray for God to provide when it comes to me and Jason's jobs and income. What I really wish is that He'd provide JASON a really good job, but the offers seem to keep falling into my lap, which I just don't get. Jason is the one who needs to and wants to be the provider. But if God's going to provide for us, might this job be an answer?

I have no freakin' idea. this is so frustrating. The biggest frustration is they want someone to start by the end of the month, leaving very little time for decision making. Please pray hardcore, and provide input. I'm leaning toward staying with Lifetouch, but I can't make a decision without taking time to pray and think.

No comments: