Monday, August 9, 2010

I am Le Tired

I love my job.

But sometimes, coming home and feeling exhausted is just not fun. I want to have energy to enjoy the rest of my day, but usually I'm so tired I don't want to clean, or exercise, or do much else besides eat (but not cook if I can help it), chill on the couch, maybe watch something, and fall asleep.

I don't want life to be that way!

Maybe it will just take time to get used to my job. In all honesty, i feel like I'm already adjusting to the long hours. I don't feel quite as exhausted as I did last week. But still, as of right now I've been up for 16 hours and 20 minutes. Bedtime is in about 2 hours.

What I really want is to have energy to come home and cook a nice dinner for me and Jason, keep things clean (okay, if I did better at that to begin with it wouldn't be such a problem. :) ), go for a nice brisk walk or something, and just feel like I'm truly pouring into him. I think I know how Jason feels after his long days now. It's hard to be in a place where both of us have jobs where we may work really long hours and be exhausted, because then it's hard to pour into each other and help each other. I guess as we move from one stage of our relationship to another, we'll learn better how to balance things and share the load, especially when we are married.

But right now it's just hard.

*YawN*

1 comment:

Becky (So Very Blessed) said...

Agreed. Being tired stinks. Today was my first day back and I'm feelin' it! I've been going to the gym 6 days a week and thought it would help the transition back, but I was wrong! All I wanted to do was sit in my recliner all night. Because I had a hungry husband I did end up cooking, but it took a lot of will power!