Friday, September 23, 2011

wHOA...

I wrote the title with caps lock on, but I think I will keep it that way because it just fits.

I had a really good time tonight. Probably the best time I've had in a long time. It wasn't perfect, but it was distracting and fun! Here's the big indicator--I didn't check facebook on my phone ONCE. Not ONCE. That's a HUGE deal for me. It means I was having a good time and enjoying the company I was with.

My head is kind loopy right now. I don't drink a lot so it doesn't take much to give me a buzz, even on a full stomach. Me and Arlene ate at Jimmy John's downtown before we met up with friends, and I actually applied to work there. We'll see what happens. I'm over-qualified but that doesn't mean much. I'm not even sure I want to take that road again.

Then we met up with Kory and his wife Mandie at Phantom Canyon Brewing Co. Had a beer, played some pool, it was really fun. :) I enjoy getting to know people outside of work. I've been thrilled to make better friends with co-workers lately and especially when Arlene leaves I'll be very thankful for those friends.

After Phanton Canyon we walked to Southside Joe's (who may have double charged me, waiting to find out, grrrrr). Had a good time there... first Irish car bomb (SUPER yums!) and a blue moon (also yummm). That's when I started the current minor headache I have. It takes a while to set in for me though, I didn't really feel the full effects til I was home. The music got crazy loud so we decided to leave especially since we had a bit of a walk back to both vehicles. We got my car then met up with Kory and Mandie once we finally found freakin' parking and then...

KORY TOOK ME FOR A RIDE ON HIS MOTORCYCLE!!!!

Maybe that sounds silly to be excited about but it was the first time for me. And it was AMAZING!!!!

That experience helped me realize further that I feel like I've been living too "safely". There's obviously good guidelines to live within but... I've allowed myself to say things aren't a "good idea" simply because they intimidate me or seem too unsafe. But feeling the wind in my hair and on my face, feeling the rapid acceleration of the bike, and thinking how AWESOME it would be to experience that with someone I love was absolutely intoxicating. I was surprised Kory's wife said she didn't like wrapping her arms around him when she had to ride passenger on the bike. That would totally be romantic and awesome to me, to experience the adrenaline of the ride while being so close to the person I love. I enjoyed it simply with a friend! WOW what an experience.

I think I've made too many "safe" decisions in my life. Choosing what's expected, proper, or "right" even when I could make other choices that aren't any less right but would be far happier for me in the long run. And not necessarily less God-honoring either. I'm just tired of letting fear run my life. I don't know if I'd ever go so far as sky-diving but I think I'm ready to truly LIVE. No fear or trepidation.

No comments: